Sunday, November 20, 2011

1/3 of the way to cuba

i know the last post had a ton of pictures
but did you notice the one from key west and the southern most point in the u.s.
noting it's only 90 miles to cuba?

our final maine visitor had other business while visiting

a marathon - 26.2 miles - that's nearly 1/3 of the way to cuba from the southern most point in the u.s.!
this was my first marathon
people wear odd things to get noticed (or maybe get their mind of the insanity they're doing)
yea, shorts - that's it!

not convinced this was a costume - it looked very real!


fishnets and tutu

even some spectators got in on the action

we waited at every possible viewing area to cheer our friend on
luckily we have another great friend that thought to create signs so she couldn't miss us

duke was even there - cheering hiding from all the runners and noise

we did almost miss her at the very first station
i guess she got warm since we saw her at the starting line
and had on a different color by then

she rocked her inaugural marathon!!!
i admire anyone with that much determination to train and then run for that long - at one time!



and guess what???
she spotted a moose at the finish line!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

2 comments:

  1. I am such a lucky person to have wonderful friends like Tonya, Sean and Maarin. Having you out there to support me on such a lovely day in Bar Harbor Maine was more than I could ever ask for. The energy I got each time I saw you was what got me to the finish line. You are the absolute best! I love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!!! You are so awesome Heather!!!

    ReplyDelete

i heart comments!